Wednesday 7 December 2011

Long pants for our school girls?

I like it when our nurse are allowed to wear white long pants in addition to skirts they are wearing currently. It makes me think, why can't our school girls be allowed to wear long pants? 

I love to see our school girls wearing long pants. Don't get me wrong here. Well, what I mean is, the girls still wear "baju kurung", but instead of "kain sarung", they now wear long pants. Long pants will only help them to move around a lot easier, just like the boys do. It will be a lot easier for them to climb stairs, coming down the stairs, walking and even running, especially during emergency. Well, they surely now can run a lot easier and faster when being chased by naughty boys or even by dogs. For those who ride bicycle or motorbike to school, life will be a lot easier. No more wearing of "thight" under their "kain sarung" to prevent accidental exposure of their legs.
How about the design, colour, and fabric? Well, I think I will let our Education Ministry decide. They have the final say. But for me, straight cut or semi-carrot is nice, white or blue pant is okay, and cotton is comfortable in our hot and humid weather.  
My idea is that long pants is only an alternative to "kain sarung" they are wearing at the moment, and not as a replacement. It is up to the girls whether they want to wear long pants or "kain sarung". But for sure, long pants will only add variety to our already rich collection of school uniforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment